What is the overall mission of the fire service? To save live and to protect property and the environment from fires and hazardous situations.
What is the primary focus of the fire service?
The three primary strategic goals in fighting any fire are ensuring the safety and protection of both civilians and emergency response personnel at risk, preserving property, and: considering community consequences.
What are the functions of fire service?
The Federal Fire Service has the statutory responsibility for rescue fire prevention, mitigation, fire fighting as well as paramedical and information services.
What is the goal of fire department?
The goals of fire-prevention programs include preventing loss of life, property damage, and downtime in use of a building. Fires often can cause disruption of business activities, loss of business documents, loss of employee work hours, and liability claims resulting from the spread of fire to adjacent properties.
Why is the fire service important?
As well as the vital work of fighting fires, the modern firefighter keeps the public safe from many other threats, including floods and road traffic incidents, and plays a major role during major incidents such as terrorist attacks. … Firefighters have three key aims: To save lives and prevent injury.
What are some fire safety tips?
Top Tips for Fire Safety
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. …
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
What are some fire prevention activities?
10 Fun & Easy Fire Prevention Week Activities for Grades PreK-2
- Play math carnival games with Sparky the Fire Dog. …
- Incorporate a groovy video into your math lesson. …
- Try a simple, printable Sparky craft. …
- Learn some fire safety dance moves. …
- Load up Sparky’s Firehouse App. …
- Create a Sparky Center.
What is the role of firefighters Class 7?
Bands of fire fighting workers with special equipment, known as fire brigades, are there to put out fires. Firefighters are highly trained people. They possess many skills. They cut off electricity supply, knock down dangerous walls, spray water and other materials to bring fire under control.
What do firefighters do all day?
When not fighting fires, firefighters spend all day responding to medical emergencies and other types of calls, checking equipment, vehicle maintenance, housework/cleaning, writing reports, training and education, physical fitness, public safety demos, and station tours.
What are the 4 goals of fire protection?
Four goals: (a) prevent fire from starting, (b) prevent loss of life in case fire does start, (c) confine fire to its origin, and (d) extinguish fire.
What is the best defense against fire?
As always, the best defense against a fire is to be prepared. Take a moment to look at your fire extinguisher.
What are the three techniques used to fight fires?
The following are the basic firefighting techniques that exist:
- Direct Attack Technique. This must be the most well-known technique for firefighting. …
- Indirect Attack Technique. …
- The Combination Attack Technique. …
- Fog Attack Technique. …
- The “Two Lines In” Technique.