Activate the manual fire alarm pull station located in the main lobby. Call 911 if it is safe to do so. Otherwise, evacuate the building and call 911 from outside the building.
When an evacuation alarm is activated you should?
Everyone must evacuate the building by way of the safest and closest exit and/or stairway. Never use an elevator to exit during a fire alarm activation. Once outside the building, move away from the building. Assemble across the street or along the sidewalk of the adjacent building.
What should you do when an alarm sounds to evacuate the building?
When the fire alarm sounds in your building:
- Immediately evacuate the building to the outside.
- NEVER go back to retrieve personal belongings.
- Move away from the front of the building to allow the fire fighters and their trucks to access the building.
What is the best way to respond if you hear the fire alarm has been activated?
General evacuation procedures –If you hear the fire alarm or are instructed to leave the building: a. Immediately obey evacuation alarms and orders. Tell others to evacuate.
What happens when a fire alarm is activated?
When the fire alarm system is activated, the following will occur: A. The bells will sound alerting building occupants of emergency conditions. … Notification of the testing will be posted by the building engineer at each building entrance and in the elevators on the day of the fire alarm test to inform occupants.
What are 3 stages of evacuation?
In care premises, evacuations fall into three categories: Single-stage: If all residents are deemed independent of help, all residents can evacuate immediately with minimal assistance. Progressive horizontal: Occasions when most residents are dependent on staff assistance for a successful evacuation.
What is the correct order of evacuation?
There are two types of evacuation: 1. Lateral evacuation – This is an evacuation of all occupants in an area threatened by fire, through the fire/smoke barrier doors, to a safe area on the same floor. 2. Vertical evacuation –This is an evacuation of all occupants on a floor threatened by fire to a safe floor.
What you shouldn’t do if you see fire or smell smoke in your house?
Stay Low. If you can see smoke in the house, stay low to the ground as you make your way to the exit. In a fire, smoke and poisonous air hurt more people than the actual flames do.
How do people walk through smoke?
Crawl if there is smoke: If you get caught in smoke, get down and crawl, taking short breaths through your nose. Cleaner cooler air will be near the floor. Remember, “Get low and Go!” Feel the doors before opening: Before opening any doors, feel the door knob or handle.
What is the best response to a fire?
Activate Alarm and notify others. Activate nearest audible fire alarm by pulling the handle down on alarm.
- If the fire cannot be extinguished safely, evacuate the area horizontally to the next safest smoke compartment.
- Do not open any door without first feeling it near the top.
When you hear a smoke alarm you should?
What to do if you hear the fire alarm
- Evacuate the building immediately see university policy 851.03.01.
- Follow the directions of the Fire Wardens for your building.
- Notify other occupants to leave the building.
- Close all doors behind you if it is safe to do so.
- Do not use any elevators.
What 3 items are in a fire safety plan?
This Fire Safety Plan must include:
- the measures to be taken to minimize the likelihood of fire at the site and to control the spread of fire;
- the emergency procedures to be followed in case of fire, including: activation of alarms, notification of the fire department, and.