How do you pull a fire alarm?
To activate a Fire Alarm, pull the handle on one of the red fire alarm boxes. In all cases of fire, call 911 immediately. Someone must report the fire. Do not assume someone else is making this call, make the call yourself!!
Can deodorant set off a fire alarm?
Products such as deodorant and hair spray will commonly set off smoke detectors. Consider fitting temporary covers on detectors while the activity is being carried out. … Dust can also prevent detectors working effectively in the future.
When should I pull my fire alarm?
The detection devices are very sensitive and the Fire Alarm System provides you with an early warning of an emergency situation. Even if your area is clear of any smoke or odor, do not disregard the alarm, as there could be an incident on a floor away from your area.
Should you pull a fire alarm if you only see smoke?
What You Should Do. If you smell or see smoke or fire, alert others in the nearby area, activate the fire alarm by pulling a fire alarm pull station and evacuate. … Do not attempt to fight the fire yourself unless you have been trained in the use of firefighting equipment and it is safe to do so.
How do I make my fire alarm stop beeping?
Resetting the Alarm
- Turn off the power to the smoke alarm at the circuit breaker.
- Remove the smoke alarm from the mounting bracket and disconnect the power.
- Remove the battery.
- Press and hold the test button for at least 15 seconds. …
- Reconnect the power and reinstall the battery.
How do you get a fire alarm to stop beeping?
Turn off the breaker controlling the alarm circuit or disconnect the smoke detector from the circuit. Open the cover and remove the battery. Press and hold the reset button for 15 to 20 seconds. If the alarm sounds, hold the button until it stops.
How do you turn off a fire alarm manually?
How to Turn Off Smoke Alarm
- Get where your circuit breaker is and turn the power off to the fire alarm.
- Disconnect the power supply by detaching the detector from its mounting bracket. …
- In case your fire alarm uses a battery, remove it.
- Keep the test button pressed for 15 to 20 seconds (with the battery out).
How many pull stations are required?
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 101 Life Safety Code requires at least one manual fire pull station in each building. The code states that a building should not entrust life safety to only one safeguard, and directs that additional safeguards be implemented.