We are proud to announce that #BONFIRE will be listed on WhiteBIT imminently.
When the fire alarm sounds What should you seek to do?
This is an emergency situation, so as soon as you hear a fire alarm, get yourself out of your seat and exit the building via the fire exits as quickly as possible. Fire spreads fast, and you don’t always know how long you’ve got before your means of escape are blocked.
What should you do on hearing the fire alarm sound in a care home?
On Discovering a fire
- Sound the fire alarm.
- Dial 999 and ask for the fire service.
- Locate area of fire from main indicator panel.
- Evacuate residents away from area of fire to a place of refuge.
- Attack fire if safe to do so using correct extinguisher.
- Close all doors after you.
- Check all residents and staff are accounted for.
What steps do you take when you hear a fire or safety alarm call?
Raise the alarm
- If safe to do so ensure the immediate safety of anyone within the vicinity of the fire.
- Raise the alarm if not already sounding, using a break glass alarm panel or by shouting ‘Fire, Fire, Fire’ if a panel is not available. …
- Phone Security (call 6488 2222). …
- Evacuate the immediate area.
What to do if person is on fire?
If you or someone else cannot stop, drop, and roll, smother the flames with a blanket or towel. Use cool water to treat the burn immediately for three to five minutes. Cover with a clean, dry cloth. Get medical help right away by calling 911 or the fire department.
When you hear a smoke alarm you should?
What to do if you hear the fire alarm
- Evacuate the building immediately see university policy 851.03.01.
- Follow the directions of the Fire Wardens for your building.
- Notify other occupants to leave the building.
- Close all doors behind you if it is safe to do so.
- Do not use any elevators.
What are the 3 stages of evacuation?
To develop an effective evacuation plan, employers should follow the 3 stages of evacuation in a fire:
- ‘Stage 1’: Immediate evacuation;
- ‘Stage 2’: Lateral evacuation; and.
- ‘Stage 3’: Partial evacuation.
What are the 3 categories of evacuation?
In care premises, evacuations fall into three categories:
- Single-stage: If all residents are deemed independent of help, all residents can evacuate immediately with minimal assistance.
- Progressive horizontal: Occasions when most residents are dependent on staff assistance for a successful evacuation.
What are the 4 main steps of an emergency action plan?
Write the plan. Establish a training schedule. Assign responsibility for training. Coordinate plan with outside organizations.
What is the best defense against fire?
As always, the best defense against a fire is to be prepared. Take a moment to look at your fire extinguisher.