Fires destroy property, cause injuries, and take lives. One of the key strategies to maintaining a safe workplace and preventing fires is fire safety training. … With proper training workers can eliminate fire hazards and respond quickly and efficiently if a fire breaks out.
Why is fire safety important?
Fires are damaging to property, cause injury or death, and can even eliminate jobs since many buildings destroyed by fire are not rebuilt. The way to prevent these dire outcomes is proper fire safety training. Learning about fire hazards is the key to preventing fire from occurring.
What are some fire safety rules?
Top Tips for Fire Safety
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. …
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
What are 10 safety rules?
10 Safety Rules Your Child Should Learn
- Rule #1: Know Your Name, Number, & Address. …
- Rule #2 Talking to Strangers is a Big No. …
- Rule #3 Good Touch & Bad Touch. …
- Rule #4 Never Climb a Wall or a Fence. …
- Rule #5 Playing with Fire & Sharp Objects Not Allowed. …
- Rule #6 Your Child Should be Aware of the School Emergency Procedures.
What are the 5 safety rules?
- Your safety is your personal responsibility.
- Always follow the correct procedures.
- Never take shortcuts.
- Take responsibility and clean up if you made a mess.
- Clean and organize your workspace.
- Ensure a clear and easy route to emergency exits and equipment.
- Be alert and awake on the job.
What are the 5 fire safety rules?
Ways to prevent fire incidents:
- Avoid unattended or careless use of candles. No open flames are allowed inside any Tufts University building.
- Keep BBQ grills at least 10 feet from the house. …
- Do not disable smoke or CO detectors. …
- Do not smoke indoors. …
- Do not leave your cooking unattended.
What is the first rule of fire safety?
When it comes to fire safety, the number one rule is that everyone goes home. Ensuring this starts the moment you drive up on scene with a good scene size up. Assessing the structure, looking for hazards, and calculating the best means of fire attack are some of the first steps to ensuring scene and firefighter safety.
What are the four legs of fire safety?
Each of the four sides of the fire tetrahedron symbolise the Fuel, Heat, Oxygen and Chemical Chain Reaction. Theoretically, fire extinguishers put out fire by taking away one or more elements of the fire tetrahedron.