A: Aim the extinguisher nozzle on the hose low, toward the base of the fire. S: Squeeze the handle or lever to discharge the extinguisher. S: Sweep the nozzle back and forth. Keep the fire extinguisher aimed at the base of the fire and move it from side to side until the flames are extinguished.
What are the 4 steps in using a fire extinguisher?
The acronym PASS is used to describe these four basic steps.
- Pull (Pin) Pull pin at the top of the extinguisher, breaking the seal. …
- Aim. Approach the fire standing at a safe distance. …
- Squeeze. Squeeze the handles together to discharge the extinguishing agent inside. …
What is the correct order to use a fire extinguisher?
Aim: Aim low, pointing the nozzle or hose at the base of the fire. Do not touch the horn on a CO2 extinguisher, it gets very cold and can damage the skin. Squeeze: Squeeze the handle to release the extinguishing agent. Sweep: Sweep from side to side at the base of the fire, the fuel source, until the fire is out.
Which is the proper order for using a fire extinguisher quizlet?
Terms in this set (4)
Pull the pin. Aim the extinguisher at the near edge and bottom of the fire. Squeeze the handle to discharge the extinguisher. Sweep the extinguisher from side to side at the base of the fire.
What is the correct way to use a fire extinguisher quizlet?
Terms in this set (27)
- PASS. What is the acronym for how to use a fire extinguisher?
- Pull the pin. What does the P in P.A.S.S. …
- Aim the nozzle. …
- Squeeze the handle. …
- Sweep side to side at the base of the fire. …
- Discharge the fire extinguisher. …
- Accidentally discharged by squeezing the handle. …
- Hit the fuel.
What is the first thing to do in a fire?
Activate the first fire alarm you see and try to help others to evacuate the building. Close doors behind you to help prevent the fire from spreading. Follow the evacuation procedure if you’re at your workplace or follow the escape route signs if you’re a visitor. Listen to instructions given by the Fire Marshal.
What are the two golden rules to remember when fighting a fire?
When considering whether to tackle a small fire yourself if you discover one, always bear in mind the golden rule of fire safety; If in doubt, get out, stay out and call the Fire Brigade immediately.
Which part of fire extinguisher should pull first to unlock it?
For an easy-to-remember 4-step process to operating a fire extinguisher, learn the PASS system: Pull the pin while holding the extinguisher away from you to unlock the mechanism. Aim low toward the base of the fire. Squeeze the lever slowly.
What information is needed in order to be prepared for an emergency?
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert.
- First aid kit.
What is the first step for response to an emergency situation?
What is the first step for response to an emergency situation? Remain calm and quiet, gather information, and assess the situation.
How does a fire extinguisher work and how should it be used quizlet?
They work by interrupting the chemical chain reaction or by removal of oxygen by smothering effect.